It isn’t about what the scale says, or even how your clothes are fitting…
How is your mind health?
1. You Have Patience. You didn’t gain weight overnight, don’t give up too quickly. Re-evaluate that you are on a good nutrition and exercise plan. Sometimes even though we can’t see the results on the outside, our insides are screaming – yes! As you lose weight consciously, you become more confident in the process.
2. You Persevere Through Set-backs. Is it about being perfect all the time? No, it is about living your life on your terms, no judgements. It is about getting back on the horse if you do fall – immediately. No fair to keep saying, tomorrow. Empower yourself to say, today.
3. You Accept Your Body. Accept what is, love yourself unconditionally and strive to improve. What happens if your vehicle breaks down, as in an alternator or something goes out. What do you do? My answer is to get it fixed, not just leave it broken down. Fix your body with nutritious foods and healthy movement as well as excellent hydration. Our bodies are our temples and as we honor them, they will thrive for us.
4. You Focus on Your Goal. Focus on where you’re headed. Does it do any good to beat yourself up and be critical? It is not that motivating to think of what we don’t want. We go to the creative space thinking of what it is we do want. Make that picture crystal clear and visualize daily seeing yourself the picture of the health and weight you want.
5. You Make Yourself a Priority. No one is going to prioritize your health more than you. You have to want it so badly that you do not stray when tempted to skip the exercise class or eat at the buffet placed in front of you. Keep your appointments with yourself. You are important! You also deserve to be the best you. When you make yourself a priority, you’ll not only reach your weight loss goal, you will have lasting success.
We are taught to do, do, do – and you know what dodo is… – Barbra Gilman.
How about if we play through life? What will we create? If we are having fun, we allow ourselves to create the life we want. That includes healthy bodies, healthy minds and healthy finances. I believe getting a clear picture of what it is we want, I mean super clear, helps us solidify that vision in our minds eye. Then, the how’s to make it happen become the steps and our vision becomes our reality.
So, the question today is what would you like to create? Why do you want to create that? Is it getting into that wow dress by the time of our reunion? How about being able to run the marathon or mud run? What if it is just playing on the floor with children – and being able to get back up gracefully?
What will you play at creating today?
Her hands were sweating and she started to feel her heart beating faster. What was this going to be like? Where was her comparative reality? Who did she know who had already been there and done that? Was she going to be thought a fool? Crazy?
These were the questions racing across her mind as she made her resolve. She could do this! She was going to. Resolve is a good thing, right. Just pull up her big girl panties and preserver through. That is what Mom would do. Mom was always up for a challenge, at least once. Maybe this is one of the very chairs Mom had sat in once upon a time.
It’s all her sister’s fault for the instigation and inspiration actually. Can gratitude be here? And confidence and maybe just a knowing that all is right with the world for at least a brief time. What a blessing to take the time, a break, to stop, be, trust in the universe and just observe the unfolding. The wonderment, the peace, the energy in the room.
Sigh, and all of this to complete a simple task if writing about a new situation.
Maria Locatell presents a Free Masterclass, Thursday, July 16, 2015, 12-1 pm US Pacific Time
“Transform Time-Sucking Habits into 7-Healthy Habits”What if you could figure out not just how to do healthy “stuff” but how to actually see results?
What if you discovered all the things you’ve worked so hard at to achieve health were actually holding you back?
We all have habits. Are yours leading you to the health you want?
Join Maria, for an informative class where you will learn what to stop doing and what to start doing instead to get more results in the next 30 days than you did all last year!
Maria Spiering Locatell, CEO of Take Back Your Health, is an award winning entrepreneur who specializes in transform lives from surviving to thriving creating healthy bodies, minds and finances. While she’s worked with hundreds to find optimal health she is best known for her fun loving, no non-sense approach to visioneering.
Learn more about Maria at: http://www.marialocatell.com
Join us with your questions…
To attend the class:
Thursday, July 16, 2015
12-1 pm Pacific
Join from PC, Mac, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/334356591
+1 646 568 7788 (US Toll) or +1 415 762 9988 (US Toll)
Meeting ID: 334 356 591
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference
What do you want? Being able to identify clearly where we are and where we want to be is first and foremost a key factor in setting a clear path. The more defined the vision the easier it will be to get there. This is usually an ongoing creation as we accumulate more information as we go along. Can you put passion behind it? What really trips your trigger, gives you that happy feeling in your gut or heart and makes you smile. The vision that when you have a temptation in front of you causes you to have the resolve that is more important to you than that temptation.
Making Optimal Health A Reality
Summer Vegetable Rolls with Peanut Dipping Sauce
Avocado and Tomato Compote
At Oregon Health Science University for Cooking Your Way To Healthier Heart. http://www.ohsu.edu
Wonderful personal stories of their travel adventures and culinary explorations provide so much temptations as we are smelling the flavors of lunch.
World renown and sought after talent provide scrumptious meals for patients and public a like. They use fresh and local whenever possible.
Guest Chef on this day is Scott Rigsby lead cook for OHSU.
The food was delicious! You wouldn’t think a hospital would serve gourmet, but we were always impressed when I Mom would have stays there. It is so nice to get the back story as to how this was consistently appetizing.
When our Mom was in the hospital at Oregon Health Science University, we noticed something was dramatically different with the cuisine. I actually wanted to eat there and the patients love it! One of the employees shared how she loves having all of her babies (2) there so she can enjoy the food!
I grew up on a farm with my Mom’s garden and Dad’s animals and field. Wholesomeness, hard work and fresh air – can’t beat it!
We all need to eat and unlike other addictions can’t just quit cold turkey (pun intended) or even gradually like with other addictions. Is it about will power or could there be a physiology reason behind our cravings? Continue reading
~Water makes up between 55 and 60 percent of your weight but it cannot store it, so replenishing often is crucial to removing toxins, hydrating organs and systems to function properly.
We are so excited you have arrived at the wonderful world of Healthy Habits. Good luck flying around in my arena. Enjoy where you land for a bit. Check out my Healthy Bodies Series.
This recipe is not only ridiculously healthy and easy, but it is also really damn tasty!
Are you ready for summer and all the adventures you will be doing? Are you as productive and clear thinking to accomplish all your aspirations? Do your clothes fit the way you want?
Financial Fitness is another Habit of Health. Continue reading
Oh my, the laughter my kitties provide! They go to great lengths to make sure my husband, friends and I are thoroughly entertained and they never cease to amaze me.Although both my husband and I grew up with animals, the farm for me and dogs in the house for my husband, we decided that cats were the logical choice that fit our lifestyle for happy little healing spirit companionship on a daily basis. Continue reading
~Move your body. Finding the right amount of physical activity that is sustainable can create clever strategies that can make exercising fun!
~Change your eating habits. Become a master of fueling your body with delicious, low calorie, low glycemic, energizing, and life-giving foods. This causes weight to normalize if you are not at a healthy weight and can even have a powerful healing effect. Continue reading
Ah, Sleep. Nature’s nurse. Getting enough sleep so our bodies can repair helps keep us operating optimally. Continue reading