Embarking on journey together!
It isn’t about what the scale says, or even how your clothes are fitting…
How is your mind health?
1. You Have Patience. You didn’t gain weight overnight, don’t give up too quickly. Re-evaluate that you are on a good nutrition and exercise plan. Sometimes even though we can’t see the results on the outside, our insides are screaming – yes! As you lose weight consciously, you become more confident in the process.
2. You Persevere Through Set-backs. Is it about being perfect all the time? No, it is about living your life on your terms, no judgements. It is about getting back on the horse if you do fall – immediately. No fair to keep saying, tomorrow. Empower yourself to say, today.
3. You Accept Your Body. Accept what is, love yourself unconditionally and strive to improve. What happens if your vehicle breaks down, as in an alternator or something goes out. What do you do? My answer is to get it fixed, not just leave it broken down. Fix your body with nutritious foods and healthy movement as well as excellent hydration. Our bodies are our temples and as we honor them, they will thrive for us.
4. You Focus on Your Goal. Focus on where you’re headed. Does it do any good to beat yourself up and be critical? It is not that motivating to think of what we don’t want. We go to the creative space thinking of what it is we do want. Make that picture crystal clear and visualize daily seeing yourself the picture of the health and weight you want.
5. You Make Yourself a Priority. No one is going to prioritize your health more than you. You have to want it so badly that you do not stray when tempted to skip the exercise class or eat at the buffet placed in front of you. Keep your appointments with yourself. You are important! You also deserve to be the best you. When you make yourself a priority, you’ll not only reach your weight loss goal, you will have lasting success.
How do I determine what is healthy for me? There seems to be so many avenues to take!
I am all about keep it simple. When trying to figure out what I want, I am pretty clear what I don’t want. Super! That is the best clue to turn that thought into what I want to create. Then the creative process can kick in and viola’!
Well, maybe not quite that simple. For example, I don’t want to be dragging through the day. What I do want is to be my energetic vibrant self. Sleeping better is a must! As I am getting a handle on this whole personal climate (menopause) time of my life, sleep has been trying to elude me. What I am doing about it is 1) Keeping a wind down bedtime schedule as much as possible. 2) Great nutrition of balanced proteins and carbs. 3)Hydrating with at least 100 oz of water if not more and at least the majority drank before 4 pm if possible. 4) Meditate daily to stay centered and minimize stress. 5) Exercise. I enjoy fun activities like riding my motorcycle and gardening. 6) Surround myself with positive people who inspire and encourage me. 7) Schedule relax time.
And the interesting thing is, I am more rested, more productive, and probably more fun to be around too!
My remedy is to keep it basic and it seems to be working!